Conversations

Eric Brennan  |  USDA-ARS  |  Salinas, CA

Subject: Two Vidoes on Sustainability Challenges in Organic Agriculture

Hi Folks,

Below are links to two 5 minute, thought-provoking videos that I made and presented at a symposium titled "Sustainability Challenges in Organic Agriculture" that I co-organize for the annual meeting of the American Society of Agronomy in Phoenix, AZ, last month. The first video is focused on NITROGEN FERTILIZERS and SOIL FERTILITY MANAGEMENT in high-input, organic vegetable systems like those that are common in the Central Coast of California. The second video, with two coauthors who work at the USDA-ARS in Beltsville, MD, is focused on PEST MANAGEMENT challenges especially with PERENNIAL WEEDS.

Sustainability Problems with Repackaged Synthetic Nitrogen in Organic Agriculture. (Brennan)

What Our Organic Gardens Taught Us About the Challenges of Organic Regulations. (Cavigelli, Tomecek, & Brennan)

All 11 presentations in this symposium were by 5 minute videos and followed by equal time for discussion. It was a very well attended session with excellent discussion. I'm encouraging the others presenters to make their videos available online and will post a link in the future when more of the video links are available. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or thoughts that you'd like to share with me on the two videos above.

take care, Eric

Eric Brennan, Ph.D

Research Horticulturist

Organic Crop Production

USDA-ARS

1636 E. Alisal St.

Salinas, CA 93905

Tel. 831-755-2822

Fax. 831-755-2814

Email. Eric.Brennan@ars.usda.gov

My Free Publications: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eric_Brennan/

In Topics Soil Fertility Management, Pest & Disease Management, Certifications

In General FarmsReach community

Comments 2
12/09/16

|  Nico Orgo USA Inc  |  Fresno, CA commented

Hello Eric, Great research thanks for keeping us informed.

05/18/17 11:01 AM

|  Cleveroad  |  New York, NY commented

Hi there! I wanna share with the list of the most popular farming apps in 2017. Check out :

https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/check-out-the-benefits-of-the-top-10-agricultural-apps

05/18/17 1:16 AM

You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in or Join FarmsReach.